On 3/25/07, Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I just think it your name aint justin morgan you dont need to be
>  trying to start a new breed.

I ring stewarded a local show today... and was approached by a gal who
has a smallish WB who wants to cross with some sport ponies. I think
that as American's we have a different view of cross breds, because as
long as my mare meets certain criteria she can be accepted into the
Sport Pony mare book and her babies would be 'cross breds' but would
be registerable as long as they pass inspection.

Is that cross breeding? Or is it bettering the breed because I have a
'nice' mare?

I'm not saying I'll breed her because of the health risks to her,
especially with her history of laminitis, this is just theoretical at
this point!

Steph
--
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for