>>> Alright everyone! For a traditional treed english trail saddle which pad
would you use- Skito (I have heard some bad things about this pad but like
it) or the Saddleright pad (heard nothing bad about it, but I am still not
sure.) Has anyone had trouble with the heat and the Skito?

I like my Skito pads a lot, and my husband uses a Saddleright, but I'm
curious, why do you want or need to use a heavy-duty pad with a treed
saddle?  If the treed saddle fits, you should be ok with something like a
cotton square pad, a Dixie Midnight, or maybe a thin wool felt pad.  Will
you be riding long distances in hot, humid weather?

>>> Do you use a cotton pad under the Skito or Saddleright? Thank you!

No, because a cotton pad is more slippery than either pad, and if layered,
can bunch up and cause rubs.  If you buy a Saddleright, they sell thin wool
felt liners - I'd recommend one of those because the Saddlerights aren't
made to wash easily.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]