> Back to the subject though: if anyone finds any true medical differences in
> the breed, I'd like to hear about them, but for now, I just assume my
> Icelandic's are generic horses from a medical point of view.

The only difference I've had first hand experience with is anesthesia
and in both cases (notice - only two - definitely not definitive) is
that it took less anaesthesia for my Icelandics than it did for a
similar size horse.  I think that has something to do with their
metabolism being more similar to the draft horses.--

Laree