Raven colicked this morning.  It was mild and I got
her to the vet in plenty of time.  It was sand colic.
My vet oiled her and her oil is coming out, but this
has brought me to the conclusion that I just have too
many horses to properly take care of.  They all live
in a herd and I haven't done the psyllium as often as
I need because it is hard to pass out feed pans to
everybody and keep the agressive ones from gobbling
their pan down and then chasing off the submissive
ones before they are done.  I'm going to tell the
nurse that bought Mom's two horses, Reno and Carson,
that she will have to take them home.  She has a
place, but wanted to keep them here because of my
proximity to trails.  Foxi and her yearling colt are
for sale.  Foxi is part Icelandic and probably part
Shetland, is 12.2 hands, bombproof and grandma safe
and gaits on a loose rein.  She is 14 years old and I
want $3000 for her.  Her almost yearling colt is a
gaiting fool in the pasture and is 3/4 Icelandic.  I
want $800 for him.  I will be getting him gelded on
the 23rd of April, then I will add the gelding cost to
his price.  I absolutely have to cut back in order to
be able to properly care for them.  It is my fault
Raven colicked, and the rest could easily have
colicked, as well.  I now have the dominant horses
seperated and they will all be on psyllium for the
next 3 weeks.

Susan in NV

Happy High Desert Trails

Susan in NV
Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html