>>>  It was not like a walking horse canter, it was very fast and I didnt
like it much!

Is there any such a thing as a "walking horse canter?"  :)  Holly and Mac
could not possibly have more different canters - Holly, soft and easy and
wonderfully smooth, a gait you could ride all day; Mac's is long-strided,
rough and absolutely miserable to ride.  Both are registered TWH, both with
Midnight Sun and Merry Go Boy showing on their papers!

BTW, my QH, Sundance, had a long-strided, strung-out canter when I got him,
and it was pretty rough.  As we worked on getting him off his forehand, his
canter got much, much smoother.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]