I posted before about how a parrot will mimic you if you slowly blink.
 And one day nasi did.  over and over, no mistake.  then yesterday
stonewall came to get some kisses from me and when I hugged my nose to
his nose I made a sniff out noise and he did too.  I thought it was
coincidence but did it again, leaned and pressed my nose against his
and blew a sharp little puff out my nose.  he did too.  I did it about
ten times and not once did he fail to do it, obviously mirroring,
unless of course I have stumbled somehow on a word in horse language
:)  I am gonna try it with nasi.  interesting that the horses I have
RAISED involve me in this sort of in your face interaction, lots of
deep eye gazing, cuddly stuff whereas my horses like jaspar think I am
a big silly goofus.  I saw a post somewhere one time that said "I dont
want to be my horse's friends, I have seen how they treat their
friends."  oh yeah?  Come see how my horses treat their friends,
standing front to back late at night sighing and grooming one another,
one laying down while two stand facing opposite directions looking out
for him, never brutally attacking Gallant Boy like they do one another
cause they know he's old and feeble, etc.

i went to the big farm where jas came from.  There is a small herd of
yearlings.  One is a huge filly, one is a scrawney runt colt.  None of
them will let him near the feed, they pick on him, they run him off,
but as I sat watching one day the big filly positioned herself in such
a way, she very sneakily moved things around until the small colt
could wedge himself and lean and eat from between her front legs, and
she allowed it.  She would also let them pick on him just ruthlessly
and when she thought he had enough she would join in the fight and
before you knew it she had them between her and the colt and he would
scamper away.  She will be a great mare some day I think.
janice

-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to