>>> On Friday I found that she didn't listen to me much and seemed to be
more interested in keeping close to the lead horse or wanting to lead, while
this morning she was more relaxed.  These were the first times I've ridden
her on trails with other horses.

It sounds like you had a great time!  I wouldn't worry if she was distracted
on her first trail ride with you, especially if it's been a long time since
she's been on the trail.  It sounds like she settled down nicely.

>>> While we were walking along I noticed that her pad looked tight on her
withers so I tried to put my fingers under and couldn't.  I'm using a Burr
pad with my Sensation Dressage.

I don't have a Burr pad so I can't talk about it, but I do know that Kaaren
Jordan designed a Skito pad that has more contour on the topline than most
of the Skito pads. It gives good wither clearance.   My original Skito that
was made for the Sensation had virtually no contour on the topline.  I can
use the old pad with a few of my horses, but not with all.  I prefer
Kaaren's design over any channel pad that I've tried - although Cary is
still using his Saddleright.   You might give her a call or e-mail her.  If
she doesn't think it will help, she'll tell you - she may be able to suggest
something else too.

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




Reply via email to