On 4/25/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Besides showing and trail riding, there are other activities and things that
> people do with their Icelandic Horses.
>
> What might some of these activities be?
>
> Riding is not necessarily a requisite!

i love photography, almost as much as I love horses, and I know people
might think its silly when i dress them in goofy stuff and take pics
but I also like to take them places and get some real artsy pics.
Like I explored around the other day and found a lot on a deep spring
fed lake that is for sale and i noted I could easily get a horse
trailer in and out and I would like to take a horse or two there and
get some water pics of them.  and hopefully not be arrested :)

I also like to try new things like going around barrels in a barrel
racing pattern, going over caveletties and maybe soon low jumps, I
LOVE trick training.  I just love that more than anything.  And my
horses are about the only ones around that I trail ride with who know
some tricks, even one, the simplest one, bowing.  All my horses bow.
I get all the trick training books and work on tricks.  I am not great
at it but i enjoy it and its fun.  The ultimate would be a real
spanish walk but to do that you have to teach a half halt first and
that looks hard!
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo