On 4/28/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That picture in particular reminds me why the
> tradition of pulling and braiding manes started - it's sometimes hard to see
> ahead when you are jumping a horse with a long, full mane.

Alex usually puts braids for a class but it was chilly outside so she
didn't--afterwards she didn't complain about the mane so maybe it
didn't bother her.

For the upcoming show we'll be doing proper braids--I bought some
non-alcohol sport gel (human product) to help keep the stray hair in
the braids but I won't cut or pull any of her mane.

The one thing Alex did complain about is that her little Wintec saddle
rubs too much and hurts her.  She doesn't want to use the Sensation in
her jumping class (don't know if it's because it's harder to jump with
or if it doesn't look like the other saddles in the class), so, would
that mean her 15" saddle is too small for her?  It didn't rub when she
first had it....so maybe I'll be shopping for a larger saddle for her.