yes it is interesting!  Our "real" first hay will be in around
mid-May.  For now the early hay is full of weeds and usually a mix of
ryrgrass, clover and some early costal.  It is very rich and green and
I have to peel off small portions.  I cant wait til my hay man calls
and says he is on the way with this years first cutting of real
coastal!  I went to a purina seminar recently and the woman said
feeding too much hay is just waste, the horse doesnt metabloize extra.
 So if thats true then why are my horses all fat on free choice hay
and jaspar loses weight immediate on flakes?
Janice
--
yipie tie yie yo