--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Anna Hopkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 5/3/07, pippa258 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've just been watching a movie called "What the bleep do we know?"
> > which explores neurological processes via quantum physics
and "quantum
> > uncertainty".  It is fascinating!
> >
> > Trish
>
> Good movie, also ties in well with 'The Secret'.  I try to watch the
> movie every month or so to help remind me how important our
> perceptions are in creating our own success and happiness.
>
> Anna

Those are both good dvds. I've been thinking about how this ties into
horses, and I think the thing is that we need to have a clear idea of
what we DO want when asking our horses to do something, if we can't
get clear on it, how can they possibly *guess* what we want. We might
not even recognize the beginnings of it (the try) when we see it.

If we have fear of the horse, we start thinking of them as dangerous,
misinterpreting what they are doing, people start doing some
aggressive things with horses, which causes undesired behavior in the
horse, which causes the people to become more afraid, because we
probably end up hurting them, and then they might hurt us. This sort
of goes with having in our minds the behavior we DON'T want them to
do, and then it manifests itself. I have definitely had this happen.

If we think of the horse as our friends, keep our promise to them that
we will not hurt them (bits, saddles, not just whips and more extreme
things), and think of them as an animal who really does want to work
with us and please us, they end up acting this way, safe, using no
restraints, and happy. I think it's possible for the same horse to be
both of these things, but I think in their natural state, they want to
cooperate with us, people have to do something to them to bring out
the worst.

It's so simple really, if we stop being distracted by all the flashy
stuff out there in the horse industry, and look at what is right in
front of us.

Kim