>  > A birder is someone who observes, and/or photographs, etc., birds. I
>>  always
>>  love to see the Western birds when I go out there-lived for four years....
>
>Here is a photo for you Rachel. I took this a couple months ago on our
>property.
>
>Cheryl

Cool picture!  The owls are the biggest reason why I bring all the
cats in at night -- I actually had a barn owl try to fly through the
family room window last month trying to get my little black cat that
was lounging on my ankles watching TV with me (it wouldn't see me
because a lighted lamp was in the way, but the cat provided a nice
contrast on my pink throw).  Owl and window were OK -- I saw the owl
fly off,   but the thump was impressive.

--

  Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
  http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/