On 5/9/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Picture?

I doubt I could get a picture as my friend rides at another barn.

> Depends.  It depends on how the horse was trained; maybe whether he goes by
> "control" or "communication".  Does he respond to the rider's body more than
> the bit?

Her mare was a school horse used in English riding lessons--all the
kids and adult newbies rode her because she was/is very calm, but she
was ridden so much her hooves were worn down too much (according to
the farrier) so my friend wouldn't allow her to be used as a lesson
horse anymore after she bought her.  Then shortly after they moved to
another barn.  Since the move and the Western riding with new bit,
etc, my friend says her horse is waking up and is much more lively and
responsive.

Maybe the bit is harsh and the horse is light to avoid the pressure,
so that coupled with not having to be a lesson horse anymore is
changing how the horse is responding.