On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:37:06AM -0400, Karen Thomas wrote:
> Anyone can put anything they want on their
> own website - what they actually DO is much more important to me.

i rode with gudmar for a weekend.  i have remembered and said what he
did.  i have not seen him at shows, but i don't think that "what he
does" at his own farm is bad horsemanship, in my firsthand experience.

and no, i don't think that the "public event" is conducive to "best
behavior".  particularly not in "the show world".  two barns ago, i took
lessons with a lot of people who showed, and while i basically enjoyed
my own few showing/eventing experiences, i confess i was not used to
seeing such bad behavior from my fellow students and their families, let
alone our instructors.  i don't think competition makes most folks act
their best.

--vicka