> Have you watched video of competitions, like the WC,
>  showing slow and fast
> tolt?  If so what did you see there?  It certainly
> looks to me like a tolt
> but I have never watched it in slow motion.

It's sometimes a tolt, sometimes a saddle rack, and
more often than not, the 1-2-3 foot gait that is a
deviation.

So, what are they judging on?  Who knows?

When you go to evaluations, do you show slow tolt?  If
so, what are you doing?

> But I am not totally sure about what is being
> defined as a saddle rack,
>>Is the
> saddle rack defined and
> shown in photos in Lee's book?

Yes, it is.

The saddle rack is slower than the rack, and it is
two-foot / three-foot support.

It's more of a pleasure gait, one that you'd use on
the trails to have a nice smooth ride.  Easy on the
horse; easy on the rider.  Probably the gait that most
people use as an every day gait (unless you're bombing
thru the neighborhood like crazy).

What gait do you usually use on the trail?  Can you
get some video?

Thanks!

Judy
http://iceryder.net