As far as Nasi, well, ALL the little colts are pistol balls, but seriously, it
seems to change as they mature.  At three, Nasi is still a baby, full of beans!
  I'd bet Anneliese isn't even aware what she calls her young colts - Cary
thinks it's a hoot, and that's what he calls our colts.  (Hint: it's not a
"sweet" nickname!)

But Stali...? Surely that was the sweetest, longest suffering horse I can
imagine...

>>> Tivar, he aint gonna take nothing if he dont think its fair, and he'll do
>>> whatever it takes.  And you gotta respect that, admire it.  But again, he
>>> is not lovey dovey little fluffy baby bunnee stuffed animal horse.  in fact
>>> I dont even know where you guys get this, thats how vastly different my own
>>> icelandic experience is.

Tivar is an extreme in his personality - as in being possibly the least stoic,
and most vocal Icelandic I've ever met.   Don't get me wrong - I love him for
those traits, but he's not typical along those lines.  But, I think Tivar is
VERY sweet...one of the sweetest Icelandic's I've ever met.  Yeah, when he came
here, he was all defensive, very pissy over the smallest thing, but once he
relaxed and got physically better he would do anything in the world to please
his people - and I can think of no other word to describe his willingness to
please except "sweet."  No, he's not the cuddliest horse in some ways,
certainly not to people he doesn't know, but his willingness to try just melts
my heart.

But the real deal I see, Janice...?  You adore the "brattiness" of your horses.
 You dote on them for being unique "personalities" and there's nothing in the
world wrong with that, since I know you also make sure they are ultimately
well-behaved and mannerly.  I just want to point out that each of us sees a
little of what we want to see in our horses... Nothing wrong with that either,
within reason, of course.  :)