On 7/2/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How can a tolt, which is a lateral one / two foot support gait, become
> "trotty"?
> Does it still retain it's one / two foot support?  if not...
>
> Is it then a fox trot or not?  (fox trot being a two / three foot support
> gait).

If I can do this as an 'open book test' using Liz's book,
Three foot/two foot is either a running walk (Flugskref tolt) if its
even pick up and even set down, or its a fox trot (Brokk tolt) which
is a diagonal, uneven pick-up and set down.

Can't do it yet without the book, and still a bit overwhelming.  So
many similarities between the gaits, but that one difference makes it
a completely different gait.

Anna