I wish I could remember what Lee said about when her father went to Iceland to
study the gaits...or maybe he was already in Iceland on military service when
he studied them there, I can't remember now exactly.  (I think he was career
military, stationed throughout the world and used that travel to study gaits in
many countries.)  I'm pretty sure it was probably in the 1950's or 1960's -
before the Icelandic shows were anything like they are now.   Maybe Judy can
add some insight to the timing.

Karen Thomas, NC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]