--- Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > For example, running walk is in the center of the gait
> spectrum.  How is that named?
> >
> > tolt.
> >
> > --vicka
> >

> oh gosh Vicka, please PLEASE post that to the world group, a lot of
> people there think if a horse does a to-die-for runningwalk it
> should
> be eaten for dinner...
> Janice--

There are a lot of breeders on that list, and a wonderful runningwalk
is not what they, or I for that matter are breeding for.  I want a
good clear tolt/rack.......in my Icelandics, now if they have other
easy gaits, I would be fine riding them, but it is not what I am
breeding for, and I do not thing its what they are wanting in evauls
or competitions.   I am sure that the TWH people do not breed for
tolt/rack....they want a running walk....

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080