>>> Here's Stormur at liberty.

Looks sort of pacey, but he's only got one foot planted...?  Is that maybe a
transition to canter, or is he about to throw in a little buck?

That brings up an interesting tangent...you have the John Lyons type rope
with you...when you are chasing a horse, do his/her gaits look typical?    I
don't "round-pen" my horses a lot, but I notice horses bucking or making odd
moves more often, like roll backs, than when the are in the pasture with
their friends.   I know that horses will move differently on a circle than
on a straightway, and even if you aren't in a round pen, they seem to want
to keep a radius from you, staying on some circle-ish pattern.

I had the feeling that Stormur might be about to buck or snake his head
before I noticed the rope, that's why I asked.

Karen Thomas, NC

\