> Again, welcome!  What do you do with your Icelandics?  Do you show, trail
> ride or do something else?  I'd love to hear more?  And we LOVE
> pictures...:)
>
> Karen Thomas, NC, USA

Actually at the moment I don't have an horse. I had a 5-gaited gelding,
former show horse, Fáfnir frá Akureyri for 8 years before I had to put
him to sleep due to health problems at the age of 23. With him I did
mostly trail riding.

I was still studying when I had him and I decided not to get another one
before I had a steady job somewhere (a bit difficult to constantly move
around with a horse). After a while started thinking that I don't have
time for a horse anyway and abandoned my plans to buy an icelandic. But
"unfortunately" I fell in love with a 6 yo mare this summer and now
she's coming here probably in September (they need her where she is now
until they can ride the mares with foals again). :-D

I don't have yet any pictures of Fjóla (vom Wittenmoor, German import)
and nothing in my computer of Fafu since the old computer died a while
ago... But I'll try to take some pictures of icelandics next week when I
go to Swedish Lapland to ride.

Krisse from Finland