>>> Does anyone know what the brachiocephalicus is?
>
> I don't have my medical or Greek and Latin dictionaries here in KY. But
> let's see brachius is related to arms; cephalus is skull - so a skull with
> arms attached? Hahah?

That was a great guess, Anneliese!

Here's what it is:

Brachiocephalicus:  Wide strap like muscle

It's origin is at the base of the skull behind the jaw; and connects to
below the point of shoulder to the humerus.

The brachio muscle moves the head from side to side, pulls the scapula
forward, raises it in collection, swings the foreleg forward.

The brachio muscle should be well developed for good movement. Too strong a
rein contact stops free forward movement.

Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com