on the 4th of
> July a neighbor was either shooting a gun (again) or setting off
> fireworks,

On the 4th, our neighborhood sounded like Baghdad.  I have never
seen/heard so many big loud firworks, even at a fireworks show - it
was awful.  I walked down the street to where Doppa is staying to
check on the horses and make sure it wasn't freaking them out.  The
big bursting in the sky with many colors were going off right across
the street. Doppa and the mini she stays with in the fat paddock  were
huddled next to the wall of the run-in shed - the ostrich theory - if
they can't see us....   They weren't too stressed but I could tell
they didn't like it.  The other horses were hiding in the trees of the
pasture and were really happy to see me.  None of the horses did
anything stupid but they were glad when things were quiet again.
Luckily everyone was considerate enough to stop by 10pm. And yes, all
the fireworks going off are illegal here.

Laree

Reply via email to