On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:33:07 -0700, you wrote:

>And I think the actual percentage of competition show horses is only about
>10% in any country,  the majority of people pleasure ride and do these other
>events with their horses.

Here the percentage is probably more, simply because many of the
pleasure riders also like to do oval competitions. Even at the British
Championships we have all sorts of classes ranging from lead rein for
little kids, through total novice classes, along with dressage, up to
the classes you'll see at the WC.

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"