On 9/3/07, Robyn Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Judy

> I think that is true and also the person's timing, body position, posture
> (hollow back or slouchy) makes any signal feel quite different just like
> with riding.
>
> Robyn

Exactly, slow enough soft enough, as I just reminded myself with
Lacy's correction...

I watched Jewel with Duke.. both horses were herd bosses until they
met.. then one had to be boss, it is just how it is, well, Jewel is
herd boss.. but it took Jewel a long time to get that thought through
to Duke... months in fact and they live together, actually for a
while, I had to keep them in separate herds cause Duke was getting
hurt, not smarter...

This way, Duke was still boss of Molly, but could learn from Jewel
next to him, cause there were times that Jewel still let him know he
was BOSS...

Now, why did it take so long for Duke to finally LEARN that Jewel was
boss and that he had to respect him??? For one thing, I don't think
that Duke had learned horse language, or the same language that Jewel
Speaks anyway... he had created his own language, as he was only with
the same horse, one other horse for 13 years... Jewel has been with
MANY horses over the years, we seemed to collect and give away
horses... or sell them if I got lucky for close to the same amount of
money that we bought them... LONG STORY..

Finally now they are buddies, I put just the TWO of them together
while Charm was recuperating from her stifle injury... but it took a
very long time, 2+ years to get to this stage of the game... Some
horses just need more time learning to communicate, maybe it is the
same with people and horses???

Debbie in MN ~  Please check out how we can all help raise money for
Huginn's Hospital Fund  ~  http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgtrq74d_386xtqp
~~~~~~~~~~~If we all do a little, we will have a lot!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~