--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:55:56 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Did Bruno start riding bareback and bridleless because he saw LTJ
do it?
> He did it because he has a good relationship with his horse.
> >He started after it was presented on the list.
> He doesn't even speak English!!!!

I think Bruno has been doing this for a while. It's great that he
has a good relationship with his horse, we assume. I always question
how people got to a certain place, how they trained their horses,
it's the process to me that is most important. The horses opinion is
most important to me. Dari didn't like Bruno much:) I let Bruno take
Dari on a trail ride, Dari was having a problem with stopping and
refusing to go (I now suspect that he may have already been having
whatever problem he has, IR?, he started to have bouts of laminitis
soon after this and later came up with almost no thyroid, he was a
zombie when a vet finally figured it out a couple of years after
this), anyway, Dari was refusing to move at times, an associate of
Bruno's started out riding Dari, he started refusing, Bruno fixed
that. Dari came back a goey Icelandic who is still to this day
terrified of whips. He didn't refuse to move anymore. I really think
it set up a permanent distrust somewhere in his mind. Fantastic! I
was looking for a little help, I really wish I had found a different
kind of help. I really think there is a better way to address this
kind of thing. This is why I really like good horsemanship, it is
fair to the horse. I am very concerned about HOW, we get to a
certain place. It doesn't need to go this way, not at all. It's hard
just to sit back and not say anything when I know something.

Kim
really still feeling guilty about allowing this to happen