The only Dorrance book I have is True Unity by Tom Dorrance.  I'd love to
see that photo.  How was Tom D getting himself into the saddle?

We do have a patient life, although we rarely use it.  Stephanie can
transfer herself by standing briefly, Ronnie can do a sliding transfer, I
sort of slide Brenda on my knees and Bruce does a full lift on Jenny.  They
all weigh in  at about just 100 lbes, but they have different physical
issues.

I was going to take pictures one day of Stephanie standing to groom Tosca. I
put the vaulting surcingle on, thinking Steph could hold herself up with one
hand and brush with the other.  Everything went wrong and Stephanie went
sliding feet first under Tosca, good pony, who stood their like the little
trooper she is while I pulled Stephanie back out.  I decided that was not
one of my better plans.

Nancy