--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  I started
> screaming - my initial reaction was goofy.  That's the pasture the
young
> foals live in, and for an instant I forgot they are in the back
> pastures...and that they really are long yearlings now.  When I
screamed, he
> started running and Maja and Flekka ran for an instant.

Coyotes can come out at any time. Sometimes they will yip at night.
I love them:) I see them once in a while around here. They are
pretty clever and usually keep out of sight. I'm not really too
worried about them, maybe with newborns, I have heard they will take
down the calves around here. Many people keep donkeys out with the
cattle, that should take care of it, other people shoot them. I have
no worried with the mules around, it sounds like your Icelandics
took care of them. Really, there is more of a problem with them
eating cats, chickens, small animals, that's always been my
experience. In California we had tons of them, I lived in the high
desert and they would yip every night, it was kind of haunting. I
hear them once in a while around here.

Kim