> popular Thoroughbred named Jet Deck that sired a lot of successful running
> quarter horses.
>

> That is too funny.  The chestnut QH, whose pic I sent yesterday?  I consider
> him "foundation QH" because most of his ancestors were of the stocky working
> ranch horse types, with one ancestor that I immediately remember being the
> well-known foundation sire, Poco Bueno.  But, he does have one connection to
> a racing line.  His great-grandfather was...Jet Deck.   So, these two guys
> are related.   Cruise was conceived in Wyoming, but moved to NC en utero.

Calvin, my recently retired main riding horse was a great-grandson of
Jet Deck.  He was on the track as a QH in Texas, but was unsuccessful.
 He became a jumper, 4H horse, and was a runaway in classes on more
than one occasion.  It happened when the ring ran along side the
fairground race track.  We had frequent time outs in the center of the
ring.  He was definitely English material, but I learned Western and
taught it to him just to teach him he could slow down.
--
Anna