Hi Karen
>>>Oh no, I was trying to be nonchalant about this, but you guys are giving
me chills

I would just be sure to watch, especially your little dogs,  we have lots of
coyotes around here and while two of our dogs, Shadow and Shawnee who I
think you met, used to actually play with the coyotes.  I saw it when we
were riding.  But when we lived in Edmonton I am pretty sure we lost a
little dog to coyotes, can't be certain but that is what we think happened.
In our case it wasn't that they came very close to the house, it was when
the dogs were out in pastures beyond that was more of a problem.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada