On 9/3/07, Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had a pony as a kid, who taught me nothing except how to stay on
> surface.
>
> I think I'll always be a newbie....and I am beginning to not mind it.
> There is always something new that I'm interested in knowing about.

Wanda,

I feel like you.  The great fun with horses is always learning something
new.  When my son said something about why was I always taking lessons
because I already knew how to ride, my granddaughter said that now I was
learning the "subtle stuff" and I thought that was a great comment!  Anyway,
now I'm having fun teaching little basic things to my donkey.  I never had a
young equid that wasn't even halter broke before and am finding it fun to
teach him stuff.  ( We haven't gotten even close to subtle stuff yet!)  He
thinks the halter is fine and thought a fly mask was fine too, UNTIL I went
to take it off!  That Velcro ripping noise scared him to death.
Ferne