> he will def. be barefoot in back; has been for ages.  i am currently
> trying him barefoot in front, mostly b/c our farrier sucks, but i'm not
> considering him well-transitioned yet and may decide to re-shoe him in
> front before the show.  if it's already past frost by then he *will* be
> shod in front, for borium.

Hi Vicka, sometimes transitioning a horse from shoes to barefoot takes
a long time.  Especially if they've worn shoes for a very long time.
Boots may help him while he transittions.  I had Old Macs for Hreggur
and they got him past the ouchy phase, and he had only light riding
during those times.  I also gave him the choice of being ridden or
not.  If I walked out with a bridle and Hreggur came to meet me, it
was a good day and off we went.  If he stood in a corner and tried to
ignore me....I allowed him to be ignored.

Do you have pics of Stjarni's feet?  Hreggur had terribly contracted
feet and it took a long time for his heels to open up.  I have pics
somewhere...

Wanda