> Way to go Susan!  I can't imagine steep descents and sand.

Does this make sense?- Riding Doppa downhill is really tough for her
and me - she doesn't want to get her rear end under her and "sit down"
to go downhill, therefore she also wants to rush because it's hard.  I
have always felt it's because she is built for the lateral gaits and
doesn't have the depth of bend in the rear a more square horse would
have. To support that totally anecdotal theory is the fact that riding
Mura downhill is much easier (we have a short pretty steep section of
our trail) and she trots and racks much easier.
--
Laree