not sure what good it did but turns out my "hysteria" saved the
applaloosa sunday...  she took him to two vets and both said he has
anhydrosis and both said he would have most likely dropped dead if
ridden another 2.5 hours.  One in fact said he should never be ridden
again unless he starts sweating.  They prescribed stuff etc.  This is
very sad!  He is a gorgeous healthy horse!  both vets said its onset
was probably from a previous episode of being severely overheated.
One vet said he has seen a lot of this locally since the heat wave
this summer.
it is very sad.  the lady called and thanked me.
Janice

--
yipie tie yie yo