On 9/12/07, Laree Shulman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our dressage instructor had a horse with Anhydrosis and he rode and
> competed him quite asuccessfully at fairly high levels - he just took
> special care with him- he was a PercheronXTB.  This horse may be done
> with riding in long, hot trail rides at high speeds but he probably
> can be useful in other ways.
>
> --
> Laree

i just hope she learned her lesson about paying attention to things!
When I stop on a hot ride I can feel tivar's respiration easily.
Especially if he is winded.  Just about a half hour before we stopped
she rode him galloping straight up a deep sandy hill.  This video was
taken a full hour after we stopped.  So you can imagine the state he
was in when we first stopped.  And she would say "I think if we let
him rest we can ride back..."  and I was looking at him knowing with
all my heart he was gonna fall over dead any second!  I was just so
horrified in the end I could not even be strained and polite.  I just
started freaking and grabbed her arm and said "no way is this horse
gonna make it another 2 and a half hours!  He will drop dead I'm
telling you!"  I still get upset watching this video.  He was so sweet
and baffled as to why he couldnt breathe...  we are supposed to take
care of these poor dumb animals!  still upset...
janice
--
yipie tie yie yo