>>> Because my horse wasnt' comfortable in a snaffle. When I rode in Lee's
clinic, she wanted to try him in a Monte Foreman pelham, which she had and
we did. He went better in it and was happier w/ a bit, so I switched.

That was one thing I found terribly refreshing when I first encountered Lee
and Liz.   It was just past the NH-craze here, when virtually EVERYONE had
to have a snaffle, preferably a full-cheek.  To me, it was nice to see some
people taking into account that some horses have slightly different shaped
mouths, and thinking it perfectly ok to use whatever mild bit - or lack of -
makes sense for the horse.  I still mostly use snaffles, but I'm quite ok
with the idea and practice of using anything from a gentle sidepull, up to a
Tom Thumb Pelham...and Robyn, isn't the Monty Foreman simply the "western"
version of the Tom Thumb mullen-mouth Pelham?  (Not to be confused with the
Tom Thumb "snaffle" which has a broken mouth and shanks.)

Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.