making me think the age of gelding might really be a factor.  It's
just a guess though.  It will be interesting to see if Nasi has a late
growth spurt.

> I'm sure there are individual grow rate variations just as there are with
> human kids too.  I was my full height by the time I was 12, whereas my own
> daughter continued to grow until she was about 15...

Hormones and growth are definitely connected.  My girls pediatrician
told me that girls only grow 1-2 inches after they start their
periods.  I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule but on the whole
I find it to be true.  The studies I have seen tie growth and hormones
together. How many 15 - 20 year old guys have you seen that shoot
straight up when their hormones kick in.  Makes sense that it would
also apply to horses.
--
Laree