On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:47:06AM -0700, Skye and Sally ~Fire Island wrote:
> >From experience I know that longggggg toes can cause winging....we
> just rimmed a MFT the other day, it had been 4 months since her last
> trim  (the owner could not catch her 8 weeks ago when we were
> there)..so Sally watched her move before the trim....and she was
> winging, something this mare never had done before.....after the trim
> she moved perfect again.....

interesting!  stjarni has been barefoot for seven weeks now (and it's
mostly sucked, and i hate my farrier, and i'm seriously hoping he can
get trimmed and re-shod in front asap) and i've noticed that his right
forefoot winging has just about disappeared.  (the ONLY good thing to
come of the barefootedness, aside from his not throwing shoes or
cracking under nails, anyway...)

--vicka (who's been avoiding whining about this at length)