> So what instinct is that?  I'm sorry, I just have seen it too much...
> horses do act bratty, and sneaky, with each other, and with us.  Its
> almost comical.  it is comical.  to me :)

Janice -

I find it comical, too, because Doppa does the same exact thing.  If
she doesn't get her way about something - whack - there goes my knee
into a tree.  I thought I was just imagining it, but afer close
observation, realized this was a definite "on purpose" thing.  Now I
know to be prepared and not let it happen.

Laree

What a horse does under compulsion is done without understanding,
and there is no beauty in it either, any more than if one should
whip or spur a dancer.

-Xenophon