We already have the ideal device,
> portable and adjustable and always in place whereever Steph is.  Now
the
> trick is to teach Tosca that it is not a scarey device.

This sounds like a great plan.  I was a non-believer in clicker
training (didn't have much luck) until I had to give my mare
antibiotics twice a day orally.  It took two five minute sessions (and
applesauce) to go from rearing to compliance.  It was a lot easier for
me to grasp clicker training with a specific emergency task instead of
general training goals.

Tosca sounds like a sensible mare, I am sure she will take it all in
stride.

-Kristen in MI