I read that they take silk thread and roll the tail feathers up and
tie them, and also keep them on perches off the ground, and never
allow them to walk on the ground.  I had one japanese golden phoenix
rooster.  they are a similar "long tail variety" and are supposed to
have up to 20 ft tail feathers and in one year he had three feet long
ones but a coon or fox or something got him but I saved the tail
feathers :)  And he walked around on the ground and had no special
care to protect the feathers.

Whats cool about the new babies hatched is they are all real white
with a few black splotches.  So they will be real pretty.  if not coon
food!  yiiii

I have some golden phoenix hens left but no rooster.  So if I have
more than one rooster I will try and breed him with a phoenix and see
what I get.  I love fancy chickens.

janice
-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to