>>> I spoke with our Ag Ext agent yesterday and he said to be very careful
of local hay cut this Fall and this coming Spring - he said due to the
stress of the drought that the nitrate levels in the hay are going to be
dangerously high.  You might want to have this batch tested and mix with
other hay when you feed it.  Just thought you'd want to know

I will be mixing the hay more this year than ever before.  I normally feed
mostly Bermuda, but this year we have about equal parts first-cutting
fescue, Bermuda, and timothy, and a smaller percentage of this late cut
fescue.  And of course, I have to avoid feeding any fescue to the pregnant
mares in their late term...

Man, it's always something!