>From Susan Foxtrot:

We had a Fluidity Clinic today with Jennifer Vaught at
Pine Dell Farm.  I advertised in the KC Star.

I was checking people in this morning when a new
person appeared. When I asked her if she wanted to
audit, she was hesitant. So I asked her if she wanted
to ride as we had lesson horses available. She
hesitated a
few moments and said "Yes, I do, but I've not rode for
the past 20 years."  

That was a red flag that prompted me to call for
Jenny, the clinician.  Jenny decided she could ride as
we had two smooth gaited lesson horses... Velvet and
Sage ...that were not busy today.

Then the clinic started we were sitting around without
horses and we all gave our reasons for being there.

Our new member, Betty,  told us that she had not rode
for the past 20 years and she was 80 years old. This
is not a typing error. She did not look 80! 
Everyone about fell out of their chairs although we
all covered it well.

She told us that she had learned to be grateful for
every day and every
thing she had. She had horses in the past...raised
them-never took a
lesson, and rode. She lives in Prairie Village which
is all bunched up
houses today in the Kansas City metro area.  What
memories she has of
what it used to be like when Prairie Village was a
village with rural
areas!

She continued and told us that she had to sell her
horses twenty years ago. She misses horses and riding.
 So, she decided to take a chance and come out today
to learn how to ride with an instructor.

We were all amazed.  I still am amazed.

Jenny decided Sage would be the horse. Sage does a
running walk and is
way smooth.  Smoothness was very important in this
situation!  Sage
(Missouri Fox Trotter) is my first horse. She took me
from beginning
adult rider on up and we passed the old L2.

Betty did great. There were a bunch of horses in the
arena with all
kinds of different levels of riders and horses!  Betty
rode and didn't
get into any problems.  We rode all afternoon. She
quit about an hour
before the clinic day was ended.  What a testimony to
the Missouri Fox
Trotter personality and smooth gait.  What a testimony
to fluidity.

Let us pray: Dear Lord, Let us be as Betty has done
today. Let us ride when we are 80 and more. Thank you.

Susan


www.pinedellfarm.com
www.forthehorse.org

Reply via email to