On 10/29/07 6:26 PM, "Cherie Mascis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Karen (or Anneliese),
>
> Is the property next to Anneliese's still for sale?  My ex-boss (a zoo
> vet)was talking about looking at property in Kentucky or Texas (don't know
> how he chose the two locations).  He puts those stingray petting exhibits
> and walk through feed-the-bird aviaries in several zoos and animal parks for
> the summer and brings the bird and stingrays home for the winter!
>
> Cherie
> Western North Carolina
> Lilja, Roka (Icelandics)and Tyra (Fjord)

Hi Cherie and list:

There are actually two properties for sale near us. Karen's pictures are
very representative of both of them.

There is one property of 80 acres on top of the hill. It has an old house on
it that one can either tear down or fix up. It needs a bit of work. It has
also a large tobacco barn that is in good shape. I think it would be fairly
easy to add stalls for horses. The property is about 50/50 pastures and
woods. It has a bit of road frontage on a road with very little traffic. The
area is fairly empty of humans and the back of the property has woods and
hills of people who are assembling to land to leave natural. It has lots of
trails. Andyone moving to this property will also have the use of our trails
and our neighbors' trails. The owners are asking $ 210,000.

The other property is 126 acres with a fairly new house and a small
barn/workshop. The proportion of pasture to woods is about 20/80 but I may
be mistaken, pasture may be more. It is also on top of the hill, actually
only about 300 yards from the one above. It also adjoins the "nature
reserve" and new owners will also be welcome to our trails.
I think they are asking $ 450,000.

Karen and Cary came all the way from NC to look at the 80 acre property and
they have first dibs as far as I am concerned. But there are locals who are
interested. I am hoping that some Icelandic horse owner will buy either or
both properties and this is why I am posting it to the list.

Karen took some beautiful pictures but the colors are becoming more gorgeous
now that we have had a frost. We have about a month of glorious fall colors
here; I don't think New England could not possibly be any more beautiful
this time of the year. And springs are equally pretty here. I wish I had
time to take pictures and send to the list but I can't right now because the
house we are building needs close supervision right now.

So if anyone has question, feel free to ask.

Anneliese, in the middle of beautiful Kentucky (which, indicentally, is
becoming more sophisticated).