yes its very odd sometimes what spooks them.  But like that autistic
woman who wrote a book recently Temple Grand something, she says
horses see in pictures.  anyway.  Jaspar, as dead broke as a horse
gets, once started blowing and snorting and dancing backwards when a
man came around the corner on a trail wearing a bright red coat, plaid
shorts, knee high socks, a red wool beret, and carrying a huge walking
staff.  I guess Jaspar thought he was either a terrible fashion
statement or he was gonna hit him with that big stick!

What gets me tho is when your horse starts freaking out and you tell
people waitwaitwait STOP and they go what?? and just keep coming on
their bicycle, whatever.  Do they see no relation in their appearance
and the horse freaking?  Same with cars.  So many times I have held up
my hand to a car speeding toward us and they dont even slow!  that
just amazes me.  You can always tell people who have been around
horses.  They will slow and practically stop and wait quietly for you
to go by :)
Janice
--
yipie tie yie yo