Karen,

Well said girl.

There was a sweet family, new to horses,  whose daughters took lessons from
our grandaughter.  The girls had been given two lovely OLD mares and the
family was taking wonderful care of them, but they were stuck and were
coming up on some very hard and sad times.  They couldn't and wouldn't pass
the mares along and do what some "nice" people had done to them.  They could
only take care of two horses.  The girls were ready to move up to a more
able horse.  The last time I heard, they continued to board, baby and care
for the old mares, but my guess is that we lost a good horse family because
someone did them the big and generous favor of dumping gransma with them.

Nancy