> Rider Siggy, farrier Sigurdur Sigurdsson, and Cornell's Michael
> Wildenstein pose with a furry Icelandic horse (don't call them
> ponies!) after an in-depth seminar on shoeing and "gait adjustment" on
> the Icelandic horse.
> http://tinyurl.com/2jqgbf

I think this is like saying "Let me sell you a naturally gaited
Icelandic Horse; and then let me tell you (sell you) how to "fix" him
to be able to gait.

What does this say about naturally gaited Icelandic Horses?

And what does this say about the breeding goals?

Should the direction be to "fix" what's been bred, or to breed
naturally gaited horses in the first place?

Does the focus on how to "fix", "nail on", or "mechanize" a gait,
overshadow concentrating on how to breed a naturally gaited horse?

(Of course, they are ponies.)

Judy