--- Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 15/11/2007, Anna Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Annilese mentioned putting a fungicide on the hooves for
> non-healing
> > hoof cracks.
>
> Since Anneliese suggested that, I've squirted betadine on
> everyone's
> feet every time the farrier does a trim.  Simple dimple.
>
> Wanda

Well remember that  betadine is not anti-fungal, and there is usually
a secondary fungal infection with the bacteria of thrush.  So if you
use Gentian violet, it will kill both things at once and for A LOT
Less money...its cheap...

We recommend weekly treatment, in harder areas or with horses who can
develop thrush easily.

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080