--- Cherie Mascis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Is a Fjord an Iclandic horse? Or is Iclandic a breed by its self?
> This
> >is probably a dumb question. Dwight
>

> Norwegian Fjords and Icelandics are different breeds. Both are a
> fairly
> ancient breed and both have ties to Vikings.

I owned a Fjord before I had my Icelandics....I loved Jordan a
lot...he was so beautiful.  But his walk had a lot of circular motion
and at the time I was recovering from a bad car accident so I sold
him and continued to ride my appy, whose walk was divine.  I also
rode the walker at our barn every chance I could....she was 16-3 and
had a thyroid issue, so she had a heavy coat, she wasn't a looker,
but boy she could move out.  We tried to buy her before we moved over
here...the walker was 24 years old, ugly and ate a lot, but she would
never be for sale...

Skye

   [signature deleted]