On 11/19/07, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Aw, too cute!
>
> I just bought a cheap incubator on ebay so we may get a few of these
> too.
>
> Mic

I got the hovabator on ebay :)  Hey, I used to have a lousy hatch rate
til I got rid of the "automatic turner".  My friend susan told me if
you turn by hand three times a day you get a better hatch rate, that
its natures way, you are handling the eggs in a manner more like a
mother hen.  i thought well, the temps would drop and affect things
but she said no, the mother hen usually leaves the nest briefly once a
day to take care of her needs, its natures way, and it works!  Just
get the temps perfectly on 100 and then put the eggs in.  I got these
eggs from a person who sells "Indian Runner Duck Asst" on ebay and
last time man I got one of the most incredible beautiful ducks!  Color
and markings like a brown quail!  But I have such a high coyote
disappearance rate.  I lose so many.

Now I have coming some more golden phoenix, the chickens with long
tails.  I see on ebay they have some AWESOME hatching eggs in the UK
but i think that would be too far and too long a trip and too much
jostling for egg viability.  I have only been ripped off once on ebay,
where none of the eggs were fertile and the person refused to stand by
it in any way.

But seems every time i buy chicks from the feed store they die.

I see in the UK you can get incredible exotic hatching eggs for
chickens we dont have here, or they are rare.  Like Cuckoo maran etc.

For egg chickens I like buff orpingtons and they are hard to find here
so I get the eggs on ebay, and I see they have tons of them in the UK.

hey maybe there is a chicken list...  i never looked.
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo